Real Estate Drone Photography
Using aerial photography for real estate creates visual intrigue about the property and is especially valuable for showcasing the subject home or commercial building. According to Multiple Listing Service statistics, properties with accompanying aerial imagery are 68% more likely to sell than properties without aerial imagery, and that number is steadily increasing.
A property seller can use drone photography to show potential buyers a variety of details, including:
- Encompassing aerial views of the entire property and land
- The condition of the roof and other property features that can be difficult to assess
- What the drive home or the kids’ walk to school looks like
- The neighborhood and surrounding area, including the property’s proximity to amenities
- Civic developments or local improvement districts that are supported by the buyer’s property taxes
- Property maps and surveys
Another consideration is that including real estate drone photography isn’t just beneficial in selling properties, it helps agents to sell themselves to their potential clients. Drone footage, and especially aerial stills, are a great tool for listings and agents to set themselves apart. Many say to think of drone photography as an effective branding tool. Many agents now have introduced video tours of the property so drone video footage is critical to the complete video marketing package.
When deciding whether to operate your own drone or work with a professional, real estate drone photography requires you to follow certain rules and regulations (you can read all of the FAA’s drone rules here):
- Drones must be registered with the Federal Aviation Administration; registration requires a $5 fee and is valid for three years.
- Drones must weigh less than 55 pounds.
- Pilots must abide by the FAA’s airspace restrictions
- Drones must always be in sight.
- Maximum operating height is 400 feet; maximum operating speed is 100 mph.
At Kaminsky Productions, we are FAA certified, licensed and insured. Our drone pilots are extremely knowledgeable and can find the most stunning angles and perspectives to capture photographs and video, creating a huge visual advantage when selling your property. Click here to learn more about our services and to watch an aerial demo: https://kaminskyproductions.com/drone/